Have you bought a new bed and are now looking for a mattress for it? Probably, you already “run away” from the variety of options! How to make a choice, where to start?
First of all, let’s agree – the mattress will look for an orthopedic, for a healthy sleep, useful for the back! Do you agree? Moreover, they are still the same as some models of ordinary mattresses.
So, how to choose the right mattress for a bed from any bestmattress-brand recommendation? We have prepared a step-by-step instruction for you. Hopefully it will help you!
Step # 1
Determine which mattress to buy, spring or springless
Conditionally, all orthopedic mattresses can be divided into those that are basically a spring unit, and those that do without it. What is the difference?
- Mattresses with springs create an easy weightless effect or an elastic trampoline. They pinpoint your entire body, repeating its contours. Such models, as a rule, are high.
- Mattresses without springs are denser, they have more filler. Often they are thinner and lower, some models are suitable even for a sofa.
If you want to study this issue in detail, in order to understand which mattress is better – this topic is devoted to a separate article.
Step # 2
Determined with height and rigidity
Two important parameters that will help you choose an orthopedic mattress from mattress store for a bed are the height and stiffness.
The height can begin from 2-3 centimeters and reach up to 50 centimeters.
- The thinnest models, of course, do not have a spring box. They are well suited for sofas and small beds, for example, for children. Yet they are convenient in that if desired they can be rolled into a roll (e.g., and Dreamline Spread 5).
- Thick models (for example, Dreamline Prime Mix S1000 and Toris Stratto) like lovers of tall, solid beds. In some models, not even 1, but as many as 3 spring blocks can fit, which strengthen the orthopedic effect.
- Classic options – mattresses 18-22 cm high with one spring block and 1-2 layers of filler on both sides (for example, Promtex Orient Multipocket Optima and Everest Restf Bicocos 20 TFK ).